Poisonous gas kills two workers inside sewer at Bathinda village
Two workers deployed to repair a submersible motor fixed inside a sewer near Mehra village died after inhaling poisonous gas here on Saturday afternoon.punjab Updated: Mar 19, 2017 14:08 IST
Two workers deployed to repair a submersible motor fixed inside a sewer near Mehra village died after inhaling poisonous gas here on Saturday afternoon.
The victims have been identified as Jagdish Singh, 40, and Ravi Kumar, 25, of Mehraj. The incident took place at about 1 pm when both were repairing the motor being used for pumping out sewage.
Victim Ravi had entered the 25-foot deep line to repair the motor and when he didn’t respond to Jagdish, he too went inside. He cried for help before falling unconscious. The bodies of victims were brought out by the people after much effort. The were taken to Rampura Phul civil hospital where doctors declared hem dead.
Mehraj nagar panchayat executive officer Gurdarshan Singh said the workers were not employed with the civic body. SDM Phul Narinder Singh Dhaliwal said a report in this regard is being prepared.
First Published: Mar 19, 2017 14:06 IST