Anushka Shetty starts shooting for Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy
Actor Anushka Shetty, who plays a brief but important role in megastar Chiranjeevi starrer Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, joined the sets on Wednesday. This will be her first Telugu outing since the Baahubali franchise.
Reports suggest Anushka will be playing the role of a narrator who will introduce Chiranjeevi’s character. She will also appear in a crucial scene right before the interval, according to a reliable source from the film’s unit.
Directed by Surender Reddy, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy will narrate the story of Kurnool-based freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. The film also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Nayanthara, Sudeep, Vijay Sethupathi and Jagapathi Babu among others in important roles.
Amitabh Bachchan plays Chiranjeevi’s mentor in this magnum opus. He had joined the film’s sets in March last year and exactly a year later, he bid adieu to the project.
Before joining the sets, Big B wrote on his blog that he’s thrilled to be part of this project. “Dear friend Chiranjeevi, that majestic super star and icon from the world of Andhra and Telugu cinema, requests for a guest appearance in his magnum opus, on a most valiant period character that he portrays, and I agree. So, am off to begin its shoot in Hyderabad in a few hours,” he wrote and shared his look from the film.
The film, which is on the brink of completion, is being produced by Ram Charan on a whopping budget of Rs 150 crore. Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, which will release next year, marks the southern debut of popular Bollywood composer Amit Trivedi.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Eijaz Khan has said that going through financial difficulties wasn't the only reason that he did Bigg Boss 14; he also wanted to resurrect his career.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.