Priyanka Chopra’s brother Siddharth’s ex-fiancee Ishita returns to London, thanks mom for supporting her decisions
Actor Priyanka Chopra’s brother Siddharth Chopra and fiancee Ishita Kumar called off their wedding at the last minute. The two were supposed to tie the knot in the last week of April for which the entire family, including Priyanka and cousin Parineeti Chopra, had flown down to Mumbai to be a part of the celebrations. As per the latest development, Ishita has now moved back to London.
Ishita had posted a picture of herself with the caption, “Back in London, Time to focus on work.” She had also thanked her mother for supporting her in her decisions, especially in the last one month, on Mother’s Day.
Sharing a picture with mother Nidhi Kumar, Ishita wrote, “Happy Mother’s day Mom. You’ve always been so strong and supported me in all my decisions, Specially in the past 1 month. Always grateful for your blessings and support.” In reply to the post, Nidhi wrote, “I will always be there for you.. To support you n help you in moments of distress n take you out of trouble.. Unconditionally.”
WATCH: Priyanka Chopra was a bridesmaid at Sophie-Joe’s wedding
Ishita had announced “new beginnings” post the break up with pictures from her get-together with friends. She had captioned one of the photos, “Cheers to new beginnings. With a goodbye kiss to beautiful endings.” She had also deleted all photos of the roka ceremony and her bachelor party, as well as pictures with Siddharth.
Earlier reports had suggested that the wedding was called off due to Ishita undergoing an emergency surgery just before the wedding. Later, Priyanka’s mother Madhu Chopra told Spotboye, “My son Siddharth said he was not ready for marriage yet. He explained he needed more time.”
Priyanka and husband Nick Jonas had earlier flown to India to attend their roka ceremony in February. The actor had also shared a few pictures from the event along with the caption, “So proud of my baby brother. Ishita welcome to the family...you are so beautiful together...I wish you both the best for the future! Happy Roka!! @ishittaakumar @siddharthchopra89.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.