Is Prithviraj’s debut directorial Lucifer starring Mohanlal about a revolution?
A film that has Prithviraj behind the camera and Mohanlal playing the lead role is sure to get fans excited. The first look of their film, Lucifer, was released recently and the poster revealed that the film is about blood, betrayal and brotherhood. There were speculations that Mohanlal would play a character with grey shade, keeping in line with the title of the film. Recently, Prithviraj also revealed that the film needs an atmosphere where people shout slogans.
According to a report in Newsminute, Prithviraj was asked why there were people on his sets raising slogans and if it had anything to do with the lead actor in the film. The actor-director explained, “The reason for the jam-packed locations is not just because Lalettan is the hero of the film but the premise and scenes required such a setting and mood, especially for the scenes that we are shooting right now.”
It is speculated that Mohanlal plays a politician in the film. This, combined with the fact that people were raising slogans against someone, signifies that the film could be about revolution by the comman man.
The film has an impressive cast that includes Tovino Thomas, Vivek Oberoi, Indrajith Sukumaran and Manju Warrier in the lead and they will be supported by Kalabhavan Shajon, Sai Kumar, director Fazil, Sunil Sughatha, Thara Kalyan, Praveena Thomas and Mala Parvathy.
The film is bankrolled by Antony Perumbavoor under the banner of Aashirvad Cinemas. The shooting for the film began on July 18 and the shoot will take place in Mumbai, Thiruvananthapuram and Kuttikanam. The music for the film will be composed by Stephan Devassy and the film is written by veteran actor-writer, Murali Gopi. Prithviraj is currently taking a break from acting to concentrate on his directorial.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Keerthy Suresh shared an adorable video of her dog Nyke who is first seen running away from a robot vacuum cleaner and is then riding it like a boss.
- Raashi Khanna shared a few pictures from her playtime with her nephew Neil and called him the love and light of her life.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Aelay is a fun, sweet film that gets so much right about life in a small village and their tradition but is needlessly long drawn.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.