Maari 2: Tovino Thomas as Thanatos rocks the crazy villain look. See photo
Actor Tovino Thomas’ look from his upcoming Tamil film Maari 2 is wacky and no one could have handled it better than the actor. He will be playing the role of Beeja, also known as Thanatos in the film. The Greek reference to the god of death and Tovino’s look is fascinating, especially since Maari 2 is a story that is being marketed as ‘thara local’. Tovino sports the ‘Eye of Providence’ tattoo on his upper palm. This symbol of the eye enclosed in a triangle symbolises the eye of God watching over humanity in Christian iconography. The contradiction further adds to the mystery of Tovino’s character.
Director Balaji Mohan -- who shared the look online -- tweeted, “Maari’s villain is here! @ttovino as #Beeja a.k.a #Thanatos. Lives and breathes killing. With brain and with bullet! #Maari2CharacterPosters #Maari2.”
Earlier, the first look of Sai Pallavi and Krishna’s character were also released. Krishna will play Dhanush’s friend Kalai and Sai Pallavi essays the role of Araathu Anandhi, an auto driver who is Maari’s love interest in the film.
Dhanush will reprise his role as the local thug with swag. The first part of the film received mixed reaction from the audience and had Vijay Yesudas and Kajal Aggarwal playing pivotal roles. Maari 2 is being helmed by the director who worked on the first film and will also be produced by Dhanush’s home banner, Wunderbar Films. The film is also slated to release in December 2018. Tovino’s association with Wunderbar Films goes back to Dhanush’s first Malayalam production venture Tharangam, which released in 2017.
Meanwhile, Tovino’s Malayalam film Oru Kuprasidha Payyan released on November 9 in Kerala. Dhanush, meanwhile, is working on his big budget directorial.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here