Six crew members of Allu Arjun’s Pushpa test positive for Covid-19, shoot stalled: report
The shoot of Allu Arjun’s upcoming multilingual action-drama Pushpa, based on red sandalwood smuggling, resumed after months on November 16 in Visakhapatnam. As per the latest update, six crew members have tested positive for Covid-19 and the shoot has been stalled.
The team was shooting in a specially erected set in Visakhapatnam. The film’s director Sukumar, Allu Arjun and the cinematographer have tested negative and are currently in self-imposed quarantine.
A Mid-Day report has confirmed that six crew members have tested positive. The report quoted a source from the team saying, despite taking all the necessary precautions, a few unit members tested positive this week. The report further added that the shoot will now only resume next year near Maredumilli forest of Andhra Pradesh.
The film stars Rashmika Mandanna as the female lead and Vijay Sethupathi as the antagonist.
For the first time in his career, Arjun will be seen sporting a curly hair look for his character. The film’s first look poster was unveiled on the occasion of Arjun’s birthday in May. The poster features Arjun in a fierce and intense avatar. His powerful gaze is an indication that he’s a man with a lot of secrets.
The makers had recently revealed that they’re spending a whopping Rs 6 crore for a chase sequence in the movie which will be shot under the supervision of a few international stuntmen. The project, which is tipped to be a forest-based thriller, will mark Arjun’s maiden pan-Indian project as it will be released in five languages. The film will be based on red sandalwood smuggling. The film marks the third time collaboration of Arjun and Sukumar.
Arjun was last seen on screen in Ala Vaikunthapuramlo, which marked the third time collaboration of the actor and filmmaker Trivikram. The film, which grossed over Rs 200 crore during its theatrical release, also features Pooja Hegde and Nivetha Pethuraj as the leading ladies while Tabu was seen in a pivotal role.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.