Trisha Krishnan sheds weight to play a 20-year-old in Nayaki
Of late, if you have been seeing a much slimmer self of actor Trisha Krishnan, don't be surprised. The actor has been on a weight-loss spree as she will soon be playing a 20-year old in her new film Nayaki. Govi, the director of the film, confirming the news said that Trisha will play a role much younger than her real self in the Tamil-Telugu horror comedy.
"Trisha will be seen playing a 20-year-old. She has been preparing herself to look much younger over the last couple of months," said Govi. For her role, Trisha, who is in her early 30s, also lost some weight. "I didn't have to tell her how she should look for the character. When I narrated the story, she understood what was expected from her to do justice to the role," he said.
For Trisha's special look, the team has hired a popular make-up artiste and costume designer from Mumbai, he shared. Govi calls Nayaki a retro horror-comedy, a genre that hasn't been attempted before.
Read: Happy and single, tweets Trisha Krishnan confirming split
"Trisha will be mostly seen in the 1980s look. The story will go back and forth in time. The film is 98 percent comedy and two percent horror," said Govi, who will be making Tamil directorial debut with the film.
Trisha is hero of the film, says Govi, who is also her biggest fan. "Although there's a male lead in the film, Trisha is my hero. I'm her biggest fan and I've always wanted to make a film with her. It took her only 10 minutes to accept the offer," he said.
Model-turned-actor Ganesh Venkat Raman is paired with Trisha in the film, which also features Jayaprakash, Satyam Rajesh, Brahmanandam and Sentrayan in important roles. "I'm introducing Rajesh to Tamil audiences while Sentrayan to Telugu industry. We're on the lookout for a second heroine who will be essaying a significant character," he added.
Read: Trisha Krishnan's next is a trilingual comedy
For the first time, Trisha will be crooning in Nayaki.
"She will be singing a three-minute promo song. One minute of the song will be used as the title track and the rest of it will feature in the film," Govi said, and added that nearly 60 percent of the film will be shot here and the rest in Hyderabad.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.