With Adipurush, Radhe Shyam and Nag Ashwin’s film, Prabhas has more than Rs 1000 crore riding on his films
Actor Prabhas, who was last seen on the screen in the action entertainer Saaho, is the busiest pan-Indian actor at the moment with three big-budget projects -- Adipurush, Radhe Shyam and Nag Ashwin’s science-fiction film -- in the pipeline.
Reliable sources have confirmed that the three projects, which are currently at different stages of production, have a cumulative budget of over Rs 1000 crore.
The success and popularity of SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali franchise catapulted Prabhas’ career and put him on the radar of audiences from all over the country. He is no longer considered a Telugu star but a bona fide pan-Indian actor with a huge fanbase.
Radhe Shyam, the upcoming period romantic drama starring Prabhas and Pooja Hegde, is being made on a budget of Rs 250 crore. Meanwhile, the upcoming magnum opus Adipurush, slated for release on August 11, 2022, is rumoured to be made on a whopping budget of Rs 450 crore.
Prabhas will also join hands with Mahanati fame director Nag Ashwin for a yet-untitled science-fiction project. This film will mark the Telugu debut of Deepika Padukone. As per reliable sources, this project will be made on a budget of over Rs 300 crore.
Prabhas is also in talks for a project with Telugu filmmaker Koratala Siva and this project might take a minimum of two years to take off. The duo had previously worked together on the highly successful Telugu action drama Mirchi.
Prabhas is currently busy shooting for Radhe Shyam, in which he plays a character called Vikramaditya, who is a palm reader. Pooja Hegde will be seen as a music teacher. It is being directed by Radha Krishna Kumar.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.