Former cricketer Ghavri stable after heart attack
sports Updated: Jun 06, 2016 09:06 IST
SHIMOGA: Former India and Mumbai left-arm seam bowler Karsan Ghavri suffered a heart attack in the early morning on Sunday and was rushed to a local hospital. His condition is said to be stable but will remain under observation for some time. Mumbai Cricket Association joint secretary Dr PV Shetty confirmed the news. “Yes, Mr Ghavri suffered a heart attack earlier this morning. He was rushed to a local hospital. He has undergone angioplasty today and the doctors said that his condition is stable,” Shetty said. The 65-year-old Ghavri is the coach of the West Zone Under-19 team currently participating in the NCA Zonal Under-19 tournament.
First Published: Jun 06, 2016 09:06 IST