Sania's campaign at Dubai Tennis ends
Sania Mirza's campaign at the Dubai Tennis Championships here ended as she and her partner Francesca Schiavone of Italy were shown the door in doubles quarterfinals of the $1,500,000 event by top seed Cara Black and Liezel Huber.
The Sania-Schiavone duo fought hard against the top seed Zimbabwean-American pair only to go down in a marathon match tiebreaker 2-6, 7-6 (7-4), 10-12 late Wednesday night.
The 21-year-old Hyderabadi had a bad day at the office Wednesday as earlier in the day she lost in the singles second round to fourth seed Jelena Jankovic of Serbia, but not without a fight. She lost the match in three sets 6-4, 3-6, 4-6.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bopanna and Qureshi will renew their highly fruitful partnership - labelled popularly as the “Indo-Pak Express” - for the first time since 2014, signing up to play the ATP 500 Acapulco event beginning from March 15.
- Jarmanpreet Singh of India opened the score board for India in the fourth minute while Martin Haner scored for Germany.
- The world No.10 men’s doubles pair was greeted by a new member of the coaching staff - former world No.1 in men’s doubles, Mathias Boe.
- Barcelona have denied involvement in the scandal but following Monday’s events, the spotlight is back on the club, and it remains to be seen where it leads Messi.
- The Portuguese guided in his side's third goal late on after Alvaro Morata and Federico Chiesa had struck earlier in the second half.
- City scored three late goals to wrap up victory and move onto 65 points with 11 games left to play ahead of Manchester United on 50 points with a game in hand.