Valencia squander late lead to draw 1-1 at Osasuna
Third-placed Valencia dropped points for the fourth time in five matches when they conceded a goal in added time in a 1-1 La Liga draw at Osasuna on Sunday.
Roberto Soldado looked to have secured victory for Unai Emery's side when he nodded his 12th league goal of the campaign six minutes from time at the Reyno de Navarra stadium in Pamplona.
However, Valencia captain David Albelda was shown a straight red card moments later for a badly-timed lunge on David Timor and defender Lolo scrambled the ball home from the resulting freekick to rescue a point for the home side.
The draw leaves Valencia six points behind second-placed Barcelona, who can stretch the gap to nine and close to within two of leaders Real Madrid, at least for a few hours, with a win at Malaga later on Sunday (1700 GMT).
Real host Athletic Bilbao in the late game (2030).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- To accommodate the new women, the size of the board was increased from 35 to 45. Several resignations on Tuesday also created more space.
- Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu and Atletico de Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano host games on alternate weekends all through the LaLiga season.
- The final list of 28 players will be announced after the Indian Super League final.
- Coach Zinedine Zidane's attempt to push Madrid forward by switching formations midway through the game against Real Sociedad backfired on Monday, leading to a 1-1 home draw.
- While Mumbai and Goa dominate possession, Bagan and NorthEast prefer to not have the ball.