Latest from dmrc
- In a statement posted on Facebook and Twitter on Friday, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said that metro trains on all other lines during the weekend curfew will operate at a frequency of 20 minutes.
Updated on Jan 14, 2022 10:23 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The DDMA on Tuesday imposed weekend curfew across Delhi in which all forms of non-essential movement will be restricted. Buses and metro have also been asked to operate at full seating capacity to avoid crowding outside bus stops and metro stations.
Updated on Jan 05, 2022 02:57 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
As part of the works approved in phase 4 of the Delhi Metro project, about 27km of underground lines will be constructed across the Janakpuri West-RK Ashram, Aerocity-Tughlaqabad and the Maujpur-Majlis Park corridors. The Janakpuri West – RK Ashram Marg corridor will have underground section of 7.74km.
Published on Dec 31, 2021 09:53 PM IST
The Delhi government has imposed restrictions in the wake of the Omicron variant of coronavirus which has been driving Covid-19 infection in the national capital. As part of the curbs, the seating capacity in Delhi Metro has been reduced to 50 per cent and no standing passenger is allowed.
Published on Dec 30, 2021 01:18 PM IST
Commuters at several stations said they had to wait up to an hour that resulted in a prolonged travel time. They added that since both government and private offices are still open, and there were no curbs on movement of people during the day, adequate public transport arrangements should have been made.
Published on Dec 30, 2021 12:15 AM IST
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation started restricting passenger movement at stations on Tuesday evening itself, a few hours after the government sounded the ‘Yellow Alert’ to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the Capital.
Published on Dec 28, 2021 11:52 PM IST
DAMEPL was awarded an arbitral award of ₹4,600 crore over an agreement terminated in October 2012 on account of DMRC failing to resolve defects in the structure supporting the Airport Metro Express Line.
Updated on Dec 23, 2021 05:05 AM IST
The 116-page report, which is critical of the DMRC’s revenue generation from property development and operational management, was tabled in the Lok Sabha on Thursday by the Union ministry of housing and urban affairs.
Published on Dec 03, 2021 12:00 AM IST
DMRC managing director Mangu Singh on Monday unveiled the first train refurbished as part of this project. The train, officials said, was procured in 2002 as part of the first Metro network phase.
Published on Nov 29, 2021 11:59 PM IST
The move makes the DMRC the fourth biggest driverless Metro railway network in the world. The Pink Line, which connects Majlis Park with Shiv Vihar, is the longest Metro corridor in New Delhi
Updated on Nov 26, 2021 06:00 AM IST
- In a statement, the DMRC said that about 0.5 per cent of employees are yet to be vaccinated, primarily because of health reasons.
Published on Nov 13, 2021 11:14 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Sharangee Dutta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
On regular days the last trains start from 11pm at all its stations. DMRC said that the last metro train service from the terminal stations of Green Line will be as per the revised schedule.
Published on Nov 03, 2021 11:25 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Sharangee Dutta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- PIB fact check, has warned job aspirants of a fake website impersonating the Delhi Metro and asking job applications.
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 05:51 PM IST
- "Delay in services between Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 and Shiv Vihar. Normal service on all other lines," DMRC had tweeted.
Updated on Oct 11, 2021 08:33 AM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
During the session, ‘Metro in India’, experts highlighted the role of the Delhi Metro in shaping India’s journey towards developing efficient mass transit modes
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 06:15 AM IST
Raksha Bandhan, one of the most popular Hindu festivals, is an annual occasion celebrated throughout the nation to commemorate the special bond between siblings. While “Raksha” literally translates to ‘safety’, “bandhan” means ‘bond’.
Published on Aug 21, 2021 06:57 PM IST
The Pink Line became the longest operational corridor of the Delhi Metro network after a small section of the 59-km-long corridor was inaugurated earlier this month. The section of 289 metres between Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 and Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake stations was inaugurated on August 6.
Published on Aug 14, 2021 04:16 PM IST
DMRC has planned to run 100 such e-feeders by the end of October in a phased manner to provide an enhanced last-mile commuting experience from 14 metro stations covering 10 routes to the public.
Published on Aug 12, 2021 08:28 AM IST
The opening of the Trilokpuri section, about 289 metres, between the Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 and Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake stations, will fully link the entire 59 km-long Pink Line for the first time.
Published on Aug 04, 2021 11:01 PM IST
PTI | | Posted by Sharangee Dutta
Many commuters posted photographs and videos of the waterlogged road leading to the station on social media. In one such video, stranded commuters could be seen waving to a DTC low-floor bus, signalling it to rescue them from the spot.
Updated on Jul 28, 2021 03:22 AM IST
, New DelhiHT Correspondent
DMRC has planned a 23km-long Metrolite corridor between Rithala and Narela as part of its Phase-4 project.
Updated on Jul 15, 2021 04:27 AM IST
HT Correspondent, New Delhi:
DMRC plans to induct a total of 100 such low-floor, air-conditioned e-buses out of which the first batch of 25 buses have undergone the necessary fitness tests conducted by the state transport department and are likely to be launched next month.
Updated on Jul 14, 2021 07:35 AM IST
Sweta Goswami, New Delhi
- DMRC said only vehicles bearing FASTag will be allowed to park at the exclusively cashless facility located at gate 6 of the Kashmere Gate metro station
Published on Jul 06, 2021 11:14 PM IST
- A total of four stations falls on the Yellow Line between Qutab Minar and Guru Dronacharya - Chhatarpur, Sultanpur, Ghitorni and Arjangarh.
Published on Jul 03, 2021 05:49 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- DMRC will open its first-ever underground integrated parking facility at the Dhansa Bus Stand metro station on the Grey Line next month.
Published on Jul 01, 2021 08:15 PM IST
- Delhi Metro’s operations on the Blue Line were disrupted on Wednesday due to a signalling issue, but the matter was later dealt with and services restored
Published on Jul 01, 2021 06:41 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Avik Roy
"Three Metro stations of Yellow Line namely, Vishwavidyalaya, Civil Lines and Vidhan Sabha, will remain closed for public from 10:00 am to 2:00pm tomorrow i.e, 26.06.2021 (Saturday),” the DMRC tweeted
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 03:43 AM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
In their correspondence with the DDMA, DMRC said after the reopening of the Delhi Metro, post the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, passenger intake on trains was limited to 50% of seating capacity.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 03:47 AM IST
Soumya Pillai, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- In the past two months, work on Metro projects has been going on with nearly half the required workforce
Updated on Jun 21, 2021 04:58 AM IST
- With a 50% cap on seating, the waiting time at many stations across the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s (DMRC) network increased to 50 minutes during rush hour, officials said.
Published on Jun 15, 2021 05:20 AM IST