5 important things to know about TV actor Sidharth Shukla’s car accident
Sidharth Shukla is known for appearing in several successful fictional and reality TV shows like Balika Vadhu and Khatron Ke Khiladi.Updated: Jul 22, 2018 19:29 IST
TV actor Sidharth Shukla was arrested on Satuday evening after a car allegedly driven by him crashed into three vehicles in suburban Jogeshwari. One person sustained minor injuries in the accident, a police officer said.
Here are five important points about what happened there:
1. Shukla was driving a BMW when his car rammed three vehicles and jumped a divider on the New Link Road in Oshiwara around 6 in the evening. One person is said to be injured in the accident.
2. Shukla was coming from the Mega Mall side when he lost control. He first hit a pole and then collided with other cars. He suffered minor injuries, however, there are reports that the air bags of his car didn’t open. Investigation is currently on to find out whether he was under the influence at the time of accident.
3. Shukla, who rose to fame for playing Shivraj in TV show Balika Vadhu, is facing charges under IPC sections 279 (rash driving), 336 (endangering life or safety of others) and other relevant provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act. A senior officer investigating the case said, “We have registered a case against him. A person has been injured while three cars have been damaged. We have taken his blood sample. Further investigation is underway.”
Major accident at Shreeji restaurant junction Oshiwara Andheri west. Kindly avoid link road from adarsh Nagar junction. pic.twitter.com/mgKyAroubL— ANDHERI LOKHANDWALA OSHIWARA CITIZEN'S ASSOCIATION (@Lokhandwala_Bom) July 21, 2018
4. Shukla, who made his Bollywood debut with Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya, was reportedly involved in another road accident back in 2014. Further investigation is underway in the case.
5. He has been released on bail after he was arrested for hitting three vehicles and ramming his car onto a divider in Mumbai. He was released after paying a penalty of Rs 5000.