We don’t have any kind of love story: Anup Jalota on Jasleen Matharu after exiting Bigg Boss 12
Anup Jalota has dropped the truth bomb after exiting Bigg Boss 12 on Sunday night. Moments after he left Salman Khan’s show, the devotional singer said there was “no love story” with Jasleen Matharu. The 65-year-old Jalota and 28-year-old Jasleen entered Bigg Boss 12 as a couple (jodi) and had said that they have been together for over three years.
“People are not able to understand our relationship. We don’t have any kind of love story. We just share a musical relationship. She is my student and I am her teacher. I help her in learning music,” Jalota said, adding, “There is no girlfriend-boyfriend kind of relationship between us and we are also not involved in any romantic and physical relation.”
He said Jasleen’s father was his very old friend. “I know Jasleen and his family for a long time, A lot of times I have met them at the airport and at their home. But Jasleen and I hardly get time to meet each other. She hasn’t even met my family members yet.”
Contrast this with what Jasleen told Times of India in an interview hours before entering the Bigg Boss house in September: “This is going to come as a huge shock to my parents and friends as no one is aware of my relationship with Anup Jalota ji. We have been dating each other for the last three and a half years. We usually don’t get time to spend with each other in the outside world due to our busy schedules, but now with the help of Bigg Boss, we will get to do so.” Anup and Jasleen confirmed they are in a relationship while speaking to Bigg Boss 12 host Salman Khan on the premiere night.
Despite his popularity, the 65-year-old singer’s journey in Bigg Boss lasted only for a month. “I have earned huge goodwill and respect in my decades long career. Fighting does not suit me. I cannot abuse someone and cannot even take any abuse from someone. So, I think that’s where I lacked and was not able to impress the audience. But I had a lifetime experience in the house. I will miss everyone,” Jalota added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.