Bigg Boss 14: Rahul Vaidya’s mother confirms he’ll marry Disha Parmar in June, says ‘basic arrangements’ are already made
Singer Rahul Vaidya’s mother, Geeta, has said that it will most likely be a June wedding for him and actor Disha Parmar. She revealed that the two families have already begun preparations for the big day.
Geeta praised her soon-to-be daughter-in-law and called her ‘extremely down to earth’ despite being a celebrity. She said that the family loves her.
In an interview with The Times of India, Geeta said that Disha visited them a few times after Rahul proposed to her on Bigg Boss 14. “I have spoken to her mom also. So, we have finalised everything and done all the small preparations. We are waiting for Rahul to come out, the moment he is out will decide and finalise the dates. The date, location and everything else we will confirm then. But the basic arrangements we have already done,” she said.
Geeta said that in all probability, Rahul and Disha’s wedding will take place in June, because they do not want to wait till the end of the year. “Disha doesn’t want to get married in summer, so mostly we will have a June wedding. This season has already ended and they don’t want to get married in summer and will not wait for December. Itna lamba nahi kheechenge (We will not drag it for so long). We will have a June wedding,” she said.
Rahul realised his love for Disha when he came on Bigg Boss 14 as a contestant. On her birthday in November last year, he went down on one knee and proposed marriage to her, calling her the ‘most beautiful girl in the world’. He also requested her to convey her response to the makers of the show.
While Disha has not publicly responded to Rahul’s proposal, she has been supporting him from the sidelines and urging fans to vote for him on Bigg Boss.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.