I'll marry a girl chosen by my mom, says Gautam Gulati
Putting all speculations about his relationship with model Diandra Soares to rest, Delhi boy and Bigg Boss 8 winner Gautam Gulati says that he will only marry a girl chosen by his mom. And no, that won't be Diandra.
"Yes, during the show there was an attraction between me and Diandra, and we even kissed but then this is not a practical relationship... I've never shied away from speaking the truth so the truth is, this relationship is not possible. I'm much younger to her, and above all, I'll never do something that my family doesn't approve of," says Gautam, who's intimacy with Diandra had become a talking point of the show until the latter got evicted.
Meanwhile, in several interviews, Gautam's brother and mother had openly talked about their disapproval of Gautam and Diandra's brewing romance and their kissing escapades in the washroom.
"I'm being upfront because I don't want Diandra to live with false hope. Also I believe, these kind of overnight affairs don't last but friendship stays so I will continue to be friends with her," says Gautam, admitting that it was his breakup with his Australian girlfriend a few years back that made him stay away from romance, so far. "She (Australian girlfriend) was the one and only girlfriend that I ever had, and after we parted ways, I didn't want to get into all that," reveals the 27-year-old who played a supporting character in a popular television drama before he entered this reality show and made women drool over his sculpted abs.
"All these affairs and romance can divert your mind and cause hindrance to your work so I just decided to stay away. I'll straight marry and settle down with a girl chosen by my mom," says the Ashok Vihar boy, still in a tizzy about an hour after his win.
"The journey in the show has been a lesson for life, an ultimate test of patience and control. And yes, I am glad that all the inmates who tried to prove me wrong all the time, got evicted in front of my eyes one after the other. If I was so wrong, people wouldn't have voted for me and made me the winner," he adds.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.