'I'll sing some day'
Ila Arun's daughter Isshita Arun on anchoring Waar Parrivar and theatre, in conversation with Riya V Anandwala.
The reality episodes of Waar Parrivar on Wednesday and Thursday which you were anchoring have been discontinued..
Yeah, it's unfortunate but I think I made a mark. Since I wasn't referring to a script, I could be myself. I did it for Gajji (Gajendrra Singh) who had helped me when I really needed him.
So what's keeping you busy these days?
I'm looking at writing and producing TV shows. The formats are still being worked out.
What about acting?
I can't see myself doing that. I wouldn't fit in. Hosting a show is what I enjoy most.
What about theatre?
That's something I enjoy too. I'm currently working on two plays produced by mum (Ila Arun). I hope I can produce a play some day.
Any regrets about not making it in the movies?
Well, I am not devastated. I am a Bohemian kind of a person, it takes a lot to emotionally drain me. I blame the failure on luck.
You've dabbled in quite a few fields.. what is your forte?
(Laughs) I know this sounds rather vague but I have a great ‘connect' with viewers. That's my USP.
Will you try your hand at singing?
I'm a bathroom singer. But I've promised mum that I will learn singing this year.
Do you really want to sing or is just because your mum wants you to?
(Laughs) I do, I do. Singing has always been a part of me. And the day I set my heart on it, I'll do it.
Has being Ila Arun's daughter helped?
It has helped me meet the right people. But after a point, it's your talent which takes you ahead.
Are you watching your mum on Junoon Kuch Kar Dikhaane ka?
Of course! The viewers like her so much. What sets her apart from the others is the fact that she is so animated. She is such a brilliant speaker.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Insisting that Rubina never showed any superiority on sets of Shakti, her co-star from the show Sudesh Berry has praised her.
- Randeep Hooda has begun shooting for the web series Inspector Avinash, which is inspired by the life of police officer Avinash Mishra.
- Bigg Boss 14 written update day 100: Rubina wanted to ration food and Eijaz Khan objected to the 'order' saying people can decide for themselves.
- Actor Hina Khan has said that quitting her television show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, was like being 'born again'. She said that now, she is treated just like any other celebrity.
- Abhinav Shukla intervened in a fight between his wife, Rubina Dilaik, and Eijaz Khan. Watch the heated exchange here.