KBC 12: Can you answer Rs 7 crore question that made Nazia Nasim quit the game?
On Wednesday, Kaun Banega Crorepati 12 got its first crorepati - Nazia Nasim of Delhi. She won applause not only for her intelligence but was also complimented for not using her lifelines, till late into the game show.
Nazia, who originally hails from Jharkhand, works as a communications manager with Royal Enfield, as per various reports. She is the mother of a young boy and credits her husband for his support in her success.
Nazia took home a prize money of Rs 1 crore. She also became this season’s first contestant to attempt the Rs 7 crore question. Here was her Rs 7 crore question: “Where in Singapore did Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose make the first proclamation of an Azad Hind government?” The options were Cathay Cinema Hall, Fort Canning Park, National University of Singapore and National Gallery of Singapore. The correct answer is Cathay Cinema Hall. Unable to answer, she chose to quit the show.
Speaking about not winning Rs 7 crore, she told Times of India she has no regrets: “No, I have no regrets that I couldn’t answer the Rs 7 crore question. I think reaching the show and being able to put across my opinion on the show was enough for me. Even if I wouldn’t have won Rs 1 crore, I would have not regretted. I had never gone on the show to win money. I went on the show for my mother and it was her dream. I am very proud that could do this for her.”
The Rs 1 crore question that she answered correctly was this - Which of these actresses have won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer? Options were Dipika Chikhlia, Roopa Ganguly, Neena Gupta and Kirron Kher. The correct answer was Roopa Ganguly.
Nazia had used a lifeline - flip the question - to pick an entertainment question. The original question was: Who was the first female to walk on space as well as go deep in Mariana Trench? The answer to this question was Kathryn D Sullivan.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.