Kiran Bedi gets a lookalike in TV serial
While television has — from time to time — taken inspiration from various sources, audiences might just get to see something more real in Diya Aur Baati Hum (DABH) soon.
Manini Mishra, best known for playing Pari Kapadia in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, will return to television with the role of a strict police officer in DABH But what’s interesting is that Manini’s short hair look and no-nonsense demeanour on the show is quite reminiscent of top cop Kiran Bedi.
Ask the actor if her role and look is inspired by the celebrated police officer and she says, “My look does resemble her. So when people ask me if she’s an inspiration, I agree.”
However, Manini claims that she’s will not imitate Bedi’s mannerisms while playing the part. “We haven’t really modelled the character after her. It is a combination of many things one has observed about cops,” she explains.
The actor seems to be a big fan of Bedi herself. “The changes she has brought about in Tihar, among other things, is commendable. We need more officers like her,” she says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.