Kritika Kamra likes flawed characters
The more imperfect the character, the more actor Kritika Kamra enjoys it. She doesn’t want to play safe with her choice of roles and would rather choose the ones that depict real life.
Kamra — who essays the role of an impatient, ambitious journalist in the ongoing TV show, Reporters — says: “I really like flawed characters, as they are very close to reality. Somehow we are stuck with black and white characters. Either you are shown to be really bad or the best. I find the middle path to be more appealing.”
The 26-year-old feels that conflict adds spice to the story. “In my last show, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, I played a doctor. In my current show, I’m a reporter whose boss has a completely different way of working than hers. So, the conflict makes the story interesting,” adds Kamra, whose chemistry with co-star Rajeev Khandelwal has been appreciated by viewers.
“This is the first time we’re working together and we’ve become good friends. Anyway, I don’t think your onscreen chemistry has anything to do with your off screen chemistry with anybody. If you play your part with honesty and there is an understanding with each other, then the chemistry is visible,” she says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.