Porus actor Laksh: Many have compared my baritone to that of Amitabh Bachchan
It isn’t just his acting credentials, but also his voice, that gets actor Laksh the audience’s appreciation. He shares that his actor and director friends and even fans compliment him on his baritone, and he keeps getting voiceover offers. His voice even lets him layer his characters and temper his emotions.
“While shooting, there have been scenes in my show where I have kept my face straight because I would modulate my voice in a way that the emotion gets conveyed. That, kind of, brings a breath of fresh air in my scenes and in a way, it has appealed to many. I can say this because people haven’t just complimented my voice but also the way I use it to act,” says the actor, known for TV shows such as Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya and Adhuri Kahaani Hamari.
Laksh also makes sure to eat right so as to make sure nothing affects his voice. “I avoid eating anything sour or drinking anything cold. I do my voice training every day before shoot. It has been over two years that I’ve been training my throat,” he says. “Though I never thought of becoming an RJ, a friend had once suggested as a joke that I can be the next voice for Bigg Boss,” says the actor. Ask him about the offers his voice gets him, and he says, “I do get calls for voiceover, though I usually turn it down.”
Interestingly, Laksh shares that his voice is often compared to that of Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan. “My sound recordist has compared me with him. Even Tinu Verma, who has worked with Mr Bachchan, has compared my voice with him several times,” he says.
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.