Salman Khan: Nine moments when he won our hearts on Bigg Boss
When Salman is on the show on weekends the TRPs soar and for obvious reasons: The man is funny when he is in a good mood, he can give a good lashing to those who are in the wrong, according to him of course, and because of his flirtatious ways.tv Updated: Oct 08, 2015 15:34 IST
Salman Khan is clearly the most loved host on Bigg Boss. Thanks to his popularity, the Dabangg star has been hosting the controversial reality show for five seasons and will do it for the sixth time now.
When Salman is on the show on weekends the TRPs soar and for obvious reasons: The man is funny when he is in a good mood, he can give a good lashing to those who are in the wrong, according to him of course, and because of his flirtatious ways.
Here, we list down nine moments from the show when Salman absolutely won hearts:
1. When Bigg Boss 8 had the characters of ‘jallad and pari’ on the weekend episodes. While Jallad was a man with a no-nonsense expression, pari was a meek, beautiful girl. As Salman flirted with pari, he tried his best to elicit some expression from jallad. It was fun to see Salman getting cowed down by someone.
2. When Salman’s ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif visited Bigg Boss 4 to promote her film Tees Maar Khan, opposite Akshay Kumar, he ensured he embarrassed her. Salman even called her ‘expiry actor’ but the ex-flames played it in good jest and all ended with smiles.
3. On Bigg Boss 8, Salman recreated a scene from the comic caper Andaz Apna Apna with Shahid Kapoor filling in for Aamir Khan. The duo enacted the scene from the film where Amar and Prem meet for the first time while getting on a bus. Salman even tried to learn a few steps from Shasha, shaking legs to the tunes of Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai.
4. When Rekha visited Bigg Boss to promote her film, Supernani, on Bigg Boss 8, she recounted an anecdote from the sets of Biwi Ho To Aisi that left Salman red-faced. Rekha said, “I used to go for morning walks and Salman would follow me on a bicycle. He even told his family that he will marry me when he grows up!” Salman could only say, “Shayd isiliye meri shadi nahi hui,” to which Rekha quipped, “Nahi, shayad isliye maine shadi nahi ki!” The gorgeous actor also danced with Salman to Dagabaz from Dabangg 2.
5. It was heart-warming to see Salman scold Imam Sidique on Bigg Boss 6 and bat for ‘former rival’ Shah Rukh Khan. Imam had said Salman had made Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh Khan the stars that they are today. Reacting strongly to his statements, Salman said, “Kis SRK aur Preity Zinta ki baat kar rahe hain aap? Aapne banaya hai unko? Shah Rukh Khan ko Shah Rukh Khan uparwale ne banaya hai, fans ne banaya hai. Uski mehnat, lagan aur dedication ne banaya hai Shah Rukh Khan ko. Same goes for Preity Zinta.”