Shehnaaz Gill says she’s watching Bigg Boss 14 only for Sidharth Shukla: ‘Would stop watching when he exits’
Punjabi singer and former Bigg Boss contestant Shehnaaz Gill has said that she is watching the current season of the Salman Khan show only for the past season’s winner and her close friend Sidharth Shukla. Sidharth and Shehnaaz were co-contestants on Bigg Boss 13 and had developed a close bond while spending months inside the house.
Sidharth is currently inside the Bigg Boss house as a “senior” and he is accompanied by Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan and Bigg Boss 11 participant Hina Khan. The seniors are expected to guide the contestants and also add tadka to the entertainment quotient of the reality show.
Asked if she found any of the new contestants fake, Shehnaaz told Times of India, “I am saying, fake dikhao but kuchh toh dikhaao. Kuchh dikh hi nahi raha. I am watching the show because of Sidharth Shukla. Jitni der woh ghar mein hai, dekhungi, baad mein nahi dekhungi (I won’t watch it after he exits). Bigg Boss must have got these seniors for a reason.”
She went on to say, “ Sidharth is the TRP king. Show thoda chal raha hai usko daalne se. I am certain that a lot of people watch it because of him. Having said that, it’s a double-edged sword. The freshers have not been able to make a place for themselves. They are saying, ‘Seniors jab jaayenge tabhi khelenge’. If I were a part of this season as a fresher, I wouldn’t follow a senior blindly. I have a mind of my own aur main sab danke ki chot par karoongi (I would do things boldly, in front of everyone).”
Not happy with the current lot of contestants, Shehnaaz added, “I am following the season, and I feel that everyone’s true colours will be revealed eventually. No matter how hard you try to act all sweet and nice, ‘Bigg Boss’ will bring out the real you. Tumhari asli personality baahar nikalva hi deta hai. The show tests you and your patience. However, till now, the current contestants seem to be confused about what they have to do inside the house. They don’t have a point of view and are too reliant on the seniors. While the presence of seniors helps establish an immediate connect with the audience, the drawback is that the freshers aren’t playing their own game. Competition nahi hai.”
Shehnaaz had confessed her feelings for Sidharth on the show last year but he always said that they were friends. He also explained his relationship with Shehnaaz to Gauahar a few days ago inside the Bigg Boss 14 house.
Asking him about the “last season and the connection,” Gauahar hinted at Shehnaaz. Sidharth then told her that the personality and persona attracts him. He added, “She was up for everything perhaps because of a lack of exposure.” Sidharth said that is why he felt like protecting her.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.