Sunil Grover to make television comeback with new comedy show, for Covid-19 relief: ‘Can’t make vaccine, but can entertain’
The show is titled Gangs of Filmistan, Mumbai Mirror reports. It will air on Star Bharat. Speaking about it, Sunil was quoted as saying: “I don’t know how to make a vaccine, but I know how to entertain and that’s what I aim to do.”
The show will reportedly have no celebrity guests or live audience. Sunil will be seen playing a don who wants to be entertained - so people come and perform for him. “For the first time I will be sitting on the other side and this way, will automatically observe social distancing.”
The overall cast also includes Shilpa Shinde, Siddharth Sagar, Sanket Bhosale, Sugandha Mishra, paritish Tripathi and Jatin Suri.
However, he will not be revisiting the iconic characters, Gutthi and Mashoor Gulati, that he played on The Kapil Sharma Show. “I will not be revisiting any of my iconic characters, like Gutthi and Mashoor Gulati. I come with a new character, but with same old intentions. I hadn’t planned on doing a show, but the offer was too good to pass up.”
Sunil was one of the most popular figures in The Kapil Sharma Show, till a fight between Kapil Sharma, the show’s host, and him, while on a flight from Australia, made him quit the show. He has since gone on to make his film debut. He starred in Salman Khan’s Bharat.
Speaking to Mid-Day last year, Sunil had said candidly, “It is a Salman Khan film and nobody bothers if Sunil Grover is a part of it or not. People will throng theatres to watch him, but it excites me to be just part of this world and exploring genres.”
“Salman is a huge star. Whether Bharat is released with or without me, it wouldn’t make a difference. If not me, somebody else would have done the role. I have put in my best for the film. I want to stay humble and just enjoy the moment,” he had continued.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.