Take two time
After completing a 26-week run each, the five Yash Raj Films’ shows on Sony Entertainment are going off air. While Mahi Way and Seven have already wrapped up, the last episodes of Powder and Rishta.com will air next Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
Ajit Thakur, business head of Sony, confirms: “We plan to bring back Mahiway and Rishta.com with second seasons. They have an impressive fan base on networking sites like Facebook. The other three shows had definite endings in sight and will not return. Without getting into the TRPs, I can tell you that everyone in the industry has followed at least one show and that’s heartening.”
Karan Johar’s chat show, Lift Kara De, will also say goodbye. The next bouquet will also have at least five shows, two of which will begin this year. Thakur says, “We started all the YRF shows between January 1 and 3 this year. For Season Two, we’ll space the shows to allow each one to grow. We have to ensure that the quality is consistent throughout the run.”
Shooting for two shows will start in a couple of days. He says, “All of them will largely be fictional shows. The scripts are ready, but we haven’t decided on time slots and schedules yet. We will slot them depending on how the shows turn out and which one is ready first.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.