Centre ends Ramzan ceasefire in J-K, anti-terror ops to resume

The Centre announced ending of the month-long suspension of security operations against militants in Jammu and Kashmir on June 17. The home ministry said in a tweet that the government has decided to resume operations against the terrorists. Union home minister Rajnath Singh said the decision was because of terrorists. On May 17, the Centre had announced halt in anti-insurgency operations by security forces during the holy month of Ramzan. But militancy-related incidents continued during this period. In the last week, senior journalist Shujaat Bukhari was gunned down by suspected militants in Srinagar and an army jawan was abducted and his bullet-ridden body was later found in Shopian.

 
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Friday, February 03, 2023
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals