Russia's new reusable rocket engine will possibly have capacity for 50 flights
The reusable methane rocket engine developed for Russia's new Amur-SPG medium-class carrier rocket will be powerful enough to cover up to 50 space launches, files from Russian space agency Roscosmos released on the government procurement website show.
According to the documents, at least ten flights are currently stipulated by the engine's design. "Consider measures to increase the possibility of using a serial liquefied [natural gas] rocket engine as part of the first stage of a launch vehicle up to 25, 50 times," the files say.
The Russian SRC (space rocket centre) Progress has not been releasing much detail on the new Russian carrier rocket powered by liquefied natural gas (methane) in order to protect the developers, SRC Progress General Director Dmitry Baranov told Sputnik in October.
Earlier that month, a 407 million-ruble (USD 5.2 million) contract was signed on the development of a rough design of the Amur-SPG medium-class rocket.
The new Amur-SPG rocket will have a first stage that could be reused up to ten times. In the reusable mode, the rocket will be able to launch 9.5 tonnes (metric tons) of cargo into low-Earth orbit from Russia's Vostochny spaceport. In the regular mode, the rocket will be able to carry 12 metric tons of cargo.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- YouTube in late January suspended Trump's channel, joining other social media platforms in banning his accounts following the deadly January 6 Capitol riot.
- The opposition currently has 53 seats in the 100-member Senate, while Khan’s ruling alliance has 47 seats.
- The threat appears to be connected to a far-right conspiracy theory, mainly promoted by supporters of QAnon, that former president Trump will rise again to power on March 4 and that thousands will come to Washington, DC, to try to remove Democrats from office.
- At least 700 people were detained on Wednesday alone, with many of them reportedly swept up as forces conducted door-to-door searches.
- It has been taken to a different level by the Biden administration, accorded the same significance as Europe, which has dominated US diplomatic and military thinking and spending for more than a century now, starting with World War I.
- The regulator said the review is based on results from research in adults, which suggests the vaccine may help protect against the coronavirus.
- With over 11,600 square metres of habitable space, the commercial station will have many features expected in a cruise ship.