Berlusconi dismisses teenage girl reports as trash
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi dismissed as "media trash" on Thursday reports that a teenage girl attended parties at his Milan villa.world Updated: Oct 29, 2010 02:42 IST
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi dismissed as "media trash" on Thursday reports that a teenage girl attended parties at his Milan villa.
Major Italian mainstream newspapers have reported that a 17-year old Moroccan runaway named Ruby had told prosecutors in Milan that she attended parties at Berlusconi's sumptuous villa in Arcore, northern Italy.
A news director at Berlusconi's Mediaset broadcaster and a TV impresario have been put under investigation in the case on accusations they aided and abetted prostitution, legal sources said on Thursday.
Asked about the investigation during a press conference on the garbage crisis in Naples, Berlusconi said: "I am here to talk about real trash. Media trash I leave to you."
Berlusconi's lawyers said in a statement on Wednesday that media reports about what the girl had allegedly told prosecutors were "completely unfounded".
Last year, 74-year old Berlusconi battled against a string of scandals over his personal life.
In May, his second wife Veronica asked for a divorce accusing him of "consorting with minors" after photographs emerged of him attending the 18th birthday party of an aspiring model. Berlusconi denied having an affair with the girl.
In July, escort Patrizia D'Addario said she had been paid to attend a party at Berlusconi's Rome residence and had slept with the prime minister.
Berlusconi says he is "no saint" but that he has never paid for sex.
First Published: Oct 29, 2010 02:40 IST