Light curtains to floating candles: DIY tips to jazz up your home for Diwali
To give your home decorations a personal touch while putting up lights this Diwali, create your own designs using fairy lights in an innovative way, says an expert.Diwali 2016 Updated: Oct 27, 2016 18:55 IST
To give your home decorations a personal touch while putting up lights this Diwali, create your own designs using fairy lights in an innovative way, says an expert.
Here are a few Do-it-yourself (DIY) tips you can use:
* DIY flower lights: Put your fairy lights to some unconventional use this Diwali. Use discarded egg cartons to make some colourful and glittery light strings for your home interiors.
You can also opt for cupcake wrappers, cut them into different floral designs to get yourself gleaming floral garlands.
* Bottled fairy lights: Huddle these tiny fairy lights inside old glass bottles, liquor bottles being the best, to get self-made spectacular glass lamps that can be used to illuminate various spaces inside your homes.
* Light curtains: Lighten up your bedroom, living and drawing room by hanging strings of fairy lights. This time the only difference is, hang them in abundance like a curtain.
* Unconventional wine glass candles: Place a flower or any decorative element like coloured glass, twigs or pebbles, invert a wine glass and place a candle on the top. Station these quirky wine glass candles at various spots to add some unique decor and radiance to your home.
* Floating candles: Decorate a quaint corner of your home with an attractive Diwali special floral bowl.
Place scented candles with colourful flowers in a transparent bowl. The beautiful reflections of the candles will surely beautify the untouched spots of your home.
* Paper Diwali lanterns: Make yourself beautiful paper Diwali lanterns and hang these on the walls, terrace, and verandah.