19 years of Soldier: 5 things you didn’t know about the Bobby Deol and Preity Zinta starrer
Starring Bobby Deol and Preity Zinta in the lead role, Soldier completes 19 years of its release today. Check out five trivia facts about the film that you probably didn’t know about.bollywood Updated: Oct 12, 2017 12:33 IST
Directed by filmmaker duo Abbas-Mustan, Soldier was a major hit at the box office when it released 19 years ago. The revenge drama featured actors Bobby Deol and Preity Zinta in the lead roles and their on-screen chemistry was lauded by fans across sections. No doubt, it led to Preity Zinta becoming one of the bankable stars in Bollywood, as she had already delivered a hit in form of Dil Se in the same year.
But did you know that Soldier’s music was the third highest selling music album in 1998 after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Dil Se? As the film celebrates 19 years of its release today, check out these five lesser known things that you wouldn’t have heard of.
1. Even though Dil Se had released first, which marked Preity Zinta’s debut, Soldier was the first film she had signed, and finished shooting for, before Dil Se.
2. In one the scenes, where actor Dilip Tahil is shown taking Bobby Deol through a secret passage, it is actually the famous Sydney underwater aquarium.
3. Soldier was Bobby Deol’s first film with filmmakers Abbas-Mustan. After its success, they collaborated again for multiple films such as Ajnabee (2001), Humraaz 2002, Naqaab (2007) and Players (2012).
4. Did you know that actors Amrish Puri and Gulshan Grover were also signed for the film? But they later had to opt out and we can only assume that they were initially signed to portray negative roles in the film.
5. Veteran actor Rakhee played the role of a widowed mother for the second time in an Abbas-Mustan film after Baazigar (1993) that starred Shah Rukh Khan.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Oct 12, 2017 12:23 IST