Aakhri Pasta was inspired by Amitabh Bachchan’s Aakhri Rasta: Chunky Pandey on his Housefull character
Actor Chunky Pandey has said he got the role of Aakhri Pasta (Housefull) because director Sajid Khan did not want to do it. Chunky’s role in Akshay Kumar’s hit franchise became very popular, especially his dialogue ‘I am joking!”
Talking to BollywoodHungama about the role, Chunky said, “The secret behind Aakhri Pasta was that in Housefull 1, Sajid Khan was to do this role himself. Everyone told him, ‘Sajid you have to do this role’, and then he met me at this party and said to me, ‘Chunky I have got this role, people want me to do it in the film, I can’t direct and act, will you do it?’ I said of course. And that is how Aakhri Pasta was born.”
Chunky also revealed the inspiration behind the character and his name. “The name came from Akhree Raasta (1986), Amitji’s (Amitabh Bachchan) film, and the character of Marconi from the film The Great Gambler that was played by Sujit Kumarji, so we took him as an inspiration, his clothes, that moustache, and created Aakhri Pasta. Somewhere, Aakhri Pasta was Sajid Khan’s alter ego. What Sajid couldn’t do in real life, he would make Aakhri Pasta do on screen,” he said. Chunky will reprise his role of Aakhri Pasta in Housefull 4 that has been shot with Akshay Kumar in the lead role.
Chunky plays an important role in Prabhas-Shraddha Kapoor-starrer Saaho that hit theatres on Friday. The film has opened to mixed reviews, but thanks to the popularity of the Baahubali star, fans are going crazy over the film. Andhra Pradesh government has reportedly sanctioned special overnight screenings between 1am and 5pm from August 30 to September 5.
Chunky will also be seen in Sanjay Dutt’s Hindi remake of Prasthanam in which he is seen essaying a negative role.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.