Aashiqui actor Rahul Roy’s right side affected after brain stroke; family says ‘pray for him’
Actor Rahul Roy’s health is showing signs of improvement after he suffered a brain stroke while shooting in the extreme weather of Kargil. The Aashiqui actor is said to be suffering from a condition called Aphasia- a condition where you cannot frame sentences correctly, as per reports.
Rahul was shooting from LAC - Live The Battle, which is directed by Nitin Kumar Gupta and produced by Chitra Vakil Sharma and Nivedita Basu. He had to be airlifted to Mumbai after the brain stroke.
“Rahul has been a close friend of the director and he was the first one on the project,” producer Nivedita Basu told Mumbai Mirror, “Kargil had extreme weather conditions and they had gone up to -12°C and -13°C, so it was just a matter of time when someone would have succumbed to the cold, and I think that’s exactly what happened with Rahul. His one day of the shoot was still left but when we got to know about him, we told Nitin that we need to get him out.”
Speaking to ETimes, his brother-in-law Romeer Sen declined to go into details of his health, but added, “We stay with Rahul bhaiyya and the medicines prescribed by the doctors are working for him. He should be out of this soon. But, do pray for him.”
Rahul was admitted to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai due to a brain stroke during shooting for a film in Kargil. The health condition of Roy deteriorated due to the extreme weather conditions in Kargil. The sources reported that at present, his condition is better than earlier. “He is safe and recovering well. The recovery will take some time,” they had confirmed.
He is known for his role in Aashiqui directed by Mahesh Bhatt co-starring Anu Aggarwal, which was his debut film. He appeared in other 1990s films, including Junoon, Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee and more. Later he also won the first season of TV reality show Big Boss in 2006.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.