Ameesha Patel to play sex worker
Seven years back, Kareena Kapoor vented out her displeasure about Ameesha Patel’s unceremonious comments about her in a film glossy. “Ameesha called me a prostitute in print,” the Chameli actor had said.
The old sparring match was apparently sparked off with Ameesha claiming that she was offered Chameli but didn’t take up the part as she didn’t like the character, and further stating that Bebo did it because that’s what her character is — a prostitute.
But now, Ameesha is set to portray a high-profile hooker in her first home production, directed by David Dhawan. The Gadar actor feels she’ll bring on screen a “very different, international and funky kind of prostitute.”
She says: “You will see me in a completely new avatar. Since I don’t play an Indian prostitute, it’s not set in Kamathipura or any such place.” The project will be shot in Prague and Paris.
“In places like Prague, Paris and Amsterdam, prostitution is an acceptable profession. They even pay taxes to the government. They are really good-looking, classy and well-dressed women. And also, they are not looked down upon, as is the case in India,” she says.
The film goes on floors in a month’s time. “We will start after Davidji (Dhawan) finishes Chashme Buddor.
He has come up with a super script,” says Ameesha, adding she has watched a couple of very old films for her film.
“But I want to do it in my own way. Davidji has an amazing vision. I want people to follow the trend we set instead of us following someone else’s trend,” says the actor, who came up with a sultry performance with her hit item numbers act at the recently-concluded Apsara Awards.
“I had a very elegant dance number Lazy Lamhe in Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic but I haven’t done a ‘massy’ kind of performance. Be it viewers or producers, they have always seen me in a very elegant and sophisticated parts. Some also feel that Ameesha is a baby doll. I wanted to break the image and do something different,” she says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.