Ananya Panday reveals Shah Rukh Khan was her inspiration for Pati Patni Aur Woh scene
Ananya Panday, who made a confident debut with Punit Malhotra’s Student Of The Year 2 earlier this year, is currently waiting for the release of her second film Pati Patni Aur Woh. In an interview with The Times Of India, the actor revealed that she took inspiration from Shah Rukh Khan for a scene shot at a railway station.
It was Ananya’s introductory scene in Pati Patni Aur Woh, and director Mudassar Aziz asked her to refer to the scene of Shah Rukh alighting from a train in Main Hoon Na. He wanted her to get it right in the first go, as he was shooting the sequence at the crowded Kanpur railway station.
Ananya told the newspaper, “Director Mudassir Aziz asked me to watch Main Hoon Na where Shah Rukh Khan alights from the train as he wanted the same impact in the scene. I was so thrilled because I have always been a great fan of Shah Rukh Sir and always admired him.”
“There was no better reference than Shah Rukh when it comes to such scenes. He makes every scene so realistic. I wanted to bring the same effect on screen and I have tried my best,” she added.
Pati Patni Aur Woh, which is a remake of the 1979 comedy of the same name, features Kartik Aaryan and Bhumi Pednekar as a married couple, while Ananya plays the ‘woh’ in their relationship. The film also stars Aparshakti Khurana in a supporting role.
After Pati Patni Aur Woh, Ananya will be seen next on the big screen in Khaali Peeli, in which she will be paired opposite Ishaan Khatter. The latter announced the film in an Instagram post and said that it is “ek dedh shana, ek item, ek taxi aur ek raat ki kahani”.
Khaali Peeli will be directed by Maqbool Khan and jointly produced by Zee Studios, Ali Abbas Zafar and Himanshu Mehra.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from one of her old photoshoots which had her running barefoot in between two fields.
- It has been 10 years since Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan-starrer Tanu Weds Manu released on the big screen. On the occasion, director Aanand L Rai penned a note of gratitude, thanking fans for his "Woh Tanu weds Manu wala Aanand Rai" identity.
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.