Anil Kapoor on 30 years of Parinda: ‘It was a movie ahead of its time’
Some films stand the test of time. Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s Parinda, which completes 30 years today, is one of them. As it clocks three decades, actor Anil Kapoor is thrilled talking about his “special film”. “It was a movie ahead of its time. It gave me the chance to work alongside powerhouse performers and be part of Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s ambitious vision. Parinda has been one of the most special films of my career,” Anil says.
A few days back, the 62-year-old — who is still remembered for his powerful act as Karan — took to Instagram to reminisce about the film that also starred Jackie Shroff and Madhuri Dixit Nene. “Can’t believe it has been 30 years since Parinda released! Join me & @vidhuvinodchoprafilms as we celebrate this milestone from today till 3 November. Stay Tuned!” he captioned the picture.
Kapoor has indeed been a part of a few promotional videos and interviews to celebrate Parinda’s special landmark. “I cherish the entire process of shooting the movie and the incredible appreciation that followed its release. It was a memorable experience. A big thanks to the viewers for loving the film,” the actor says.
At the time of its release, the gangster drama received both critical and commercial acclaim. Many critics and film enthusiasts feel that the film was the turning point in the introduction of realism in Hindi cinema. Parinda went on to win a number of awards and honours, including two National Film Awards. It also was India’s official selection for the 1990 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but wasn’t nominated in the final list.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.