Anupam Kher says he was offered the role of Mogambo in Mr India, ‘makers of that film replaced me with Amrish Puriji’
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher says he was the first choice to play the role of Mogambo in Shekhar Kapur’s 1987 directorial Mr. India. Remembering actor Amrish Puri on his 87th birth anniversary on Saturday, Anupam said: “Amrish Puriji was a really good friend of mine. It feels really sad to talk about your friends who are no more in this world. He was a remarkable actor.”
Google on Saturday celebrated the life and legacy of Amrish Puri, known for portraying iconic roles like Mogambo in Mr. India and Chaudhry Baldev Singh in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, on his 87th birth anniversary.
“In Mr. India, Mogambo’s role was offered to me before him but after one or two months, makers of that film replaced me with Amrish Puriji,” said Anupam, who was promoting his film One Day: Justice Delivered on Saturday.
“When you are dropped from a film then generally an actor feels bad, but when I watched ‘Mr. India’ and saw Amrishji’s work as Mogambo then, I thought that makers of the film took the right decision by casting Amrishji in their film,” he added.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.