Arjun Kapoor has a protective arm around rumoured girlfriend Malaika Arora in new photo
Love or friendship, we still don’t know what’s going on between actors Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor but what is certain is that are coy no more. Rumoured to be a couple, the duo has been spotted on many occasions since the time when Arjun was seen walking up to the stage in the talent reality show, India’s Got Talent, last month, holding Malaika’s hand while escorting her to the stage.
A recent picture, shared by Arjun’s aunt Maheep Kapoor, shows the duo sitting rather close to each other in the midst of other guests. While Arjun has a protective arm around her, Malaika too looks relaxed in his company. Sharing the photo, Maheep wrote: “TisTheSeason.”
Also present in the picture are Bollywood party regulars like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sophie Choudry and Salman Khan’s sister-in-law Seema Khan. However, what makes this different is the fact that Maheep has shared it. It may be recalled that she is the wife of Sanjay Kapoor, Arjun’s uncle. So does this imply that the couple has the approval of the family?
What is certain is the duo look happy in each other’s company. However, this has led to a lot of speculation about another high profile Bollywood wedding. Both of them, however, have maintained a stony silence on the subject. When asked about her marriage, Malaika told HT: “I never answer personal questions. Not that I shy away from answering or whatever. I just don’t feel comfortable talking about my personal life. And whatever my life has been, everyone is aware of it. I don’t need to be talking about it. I am just enjoying my life - it’s beautiful and precious.”
However, these denials haven’t stopped their mutual good friend Karan Johar from teasing Malaika every now and then. On his Instagram account, Karan often puts up video clips of Malaika and Kirron Kher, his co-judges on India’s Got Talent. In one of them, he had pulled Malaika’s leg about her birthday celebration in Italy in the company of someone else. Later, in Koffee With Karan’s episode with Aamir Khan and Malaika, he again remarked cheekily about how she too could be ‘walking down the aisle’. Malaika, of course, brushed it aside with a smile.
It may be recalled that Malaika and her ex-husband Arbaaz Khan got divorced last year. They have now moved on and found love and happiness elsewhere. Arbaaz has accepted that he is dating Georgia Andriani, while Malaika is in a happy space herself. They have a teenage son Arhaan Khan from her first marriage.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.