Ayushmann Khurrana: ‘I’m proud of my country and industry for the progressiveness that it has shown’
From playing a sperm donor to a man facing erectile dysfunction and a gay person on screen, actor Ayushmann Khurrana, who has redefined cinematic experience, says he stands up for films that are different. “For me, the yardstick of success has never just been about how much money a project makes. I would love to leave a body of work that I’m proud of because I stand for cinema that’s different, that tries to makes you think. I want audiences to always think that I took the risk while trying to give them different cinema,” Ayushmann said.
The actor, who is currently gearing up for the release of his next Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, feels that the audiences are tired of the routine and as an entertainer, he is only trying his best to give them films that they have not seen before.
“For me too, it’s a learning process and I’m constantly evolving as an actor with every film,” he said. Ayushmann feels happy that he is an actor in today’s progressive day and age.
“As an artist, I’m fortunate and privileged to be living and working in such times. I’m proud of my country and industry for the progressiveness that it has shown in the recent past and I’m grateful that I’m part of such a vision like Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan that tells us about important life and societal lessons,” he said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.