B-Town beauties share their favourite patriotic song
On Republic Day, Bollywood beauties tell us about their favourite patriotic songs and why it evokes a sense of pride in them.
My favourite patriotic song is Ae Mere Watan Ke Logo. I love this song sung by Lata Mangeshkar. It always makes me nostalgic and I feel very patriotic every time I listen to it. The track is a constant reminder of the fact that I owe my freedom to our freedom fighters.
Ae Mere Watan Ke Logo by Lata Mangeshkar, who has sung the song beautifully, inevitably brings tears to my eyes. It’s a wonderful song and reminds us that we should pay homage to the soldiers who risk their lives for us every day, while we sit comfortably in our homes.
Soha Ali Khan
I love AR Rahman’s version of our national song, Vande Mataram. I think the lyrics are simply great and I feel highly motivated whenever I listen to the song. Over all, the track is a personal inspiration and is undoubtedly my most loved patriotic song.
My favourite patriotic song is Ae Mere Watan Ke Logo. It touches my soul. At a recent visit to the Wagah border, I saw the entire parade and the retreat ceremony and at that moment, this was the only song which resounded through my mind. It was a very proud moment for me.
The song, Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyaara Hai from the film Roja, is my absolute favourite patriotic number. The composition is thought provoking and it never fails to rekindle the patriotic spirit. I think the track is simply beautiful and will always continue to be my favourite.
Ma Tujhe Salaam/ Vande Mataram by AR Rahman is by far the best patriotic song that I have heard. The composition is a soulful tribute to mother India and it helps me to connect to my roots, apart from infusing a feeling of being proud as an Indian.
On Republic Day, one song that cannot be left out is Mere Desh Ki Dharti. Its a beautiful and lively track from the film Upkar. Whenever I listen to the song, it gives me goosebumps. The lyrics evoke a feeling of pride, patriotism and courage.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.