Before Chanda Mama Door Ke, Sushant Singh Rajput buys land on the Moon
Sushant Singh Rajput is reaching for the Moon, literally. It could be a unique way to promote his film “Chanda Mama Door Ke” or simply a dream come true for his inner nerd, Sushant has bought what he claims to be a piece of lunar land on the far side of the Moon, in a region called the Mare Muscoviense, or the “Sea of Muscovy”.
The actor is already an owner of an advance telescope called the Meade 14” LX600, which can help him keep an eye on this prime piece of real estate from his home on Earth. The actor’s land is on the blind side from the Earth.
“I would like to believe that the different ways we answer questions ‘are’ the answers of those questions. So the variations in the way we punctuate the narratives; the nuance, would create the different versions of reality in future. My mother used to tell me that my life will be the story that I will tell myself. I am just punctuating a nuance right now and already am, over the Moon!” Rajput said in a statement.
The actor has bought the property from the International Lunar Lands Registry, making him the first Bollywood actor to do so, though Shah Rukh Khan has already been gifted a piece on the Moon by a fan.
Rajput got the property registered on June 25 but it may not amount to a legal ownership as an international treaty states that “outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies” are the common heritage of mankind and cannot be owned by any nation.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.