Bipasha Basu recommends Maddy
R Madhavan was surprised that his co-star Bipasha Basu, with whom he is cast for the first time, recommended him for their forthcoming film, Jodi Breakers.
It is the story of two individuals who break relationships and eventually end up falling for each other.
“Bipasha was the one who had recommended me for the role. Two years ago, the producers came to me saying that Bipasha had wanted me to be part of the project.
I was even told that she was too busy and probably wouldn’t be part of the project. The producers tried looking for someone else but Bipasha and I were destined to work together. So, here we are,” Madhavan says.
He adds,“I was uncomfortable with the idea of working with someone else because no one else fits the role better.”
Madhavan recalls that eventually, after waiting for two years, Bipasha found the time on her date diary. And in a week’s time, the dates had been frozen.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.