CINTAA apologises for not handling Tanushree’s Dutta’s case appropriately in 2008
Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA) said Tuesday it did not “address” Tanushree Dutta’s sexual harassment allegation against Nana Patekar in 2008 but it extends support to the actor now. Dutta had filed a complaint with CINTAA a decade ago after she felt uncomfortable shooting a song with Patekar for the film Horn Ok Pleassss. The actor has alleged the organisation did not pay heed to her complaint.
In a fresh statement, CINTAA said it “strongly condemns any act that outrages the modesty of any individual and any form of sexual harassment is unacceptable to us.” “After going through Ms Tanushree Dutta’s complaint, which was filed with the then Executive Committee of CINTAA in March 2008, we feel that the decision taken in the Joint Dispute Settlement Committee of CINTAA & IFTPC (then known as AMPTPP) in July 2008 was not appropriate, as the chief grievance of sexual harassment wasn’t even addressed.” The organisation said even though it was a different Executive Committee back then, CINTAA finds it “highly regrettable and no apologies can suffice, hence we must resolve today to never allow such lapses to occur again”. “CINTAA stands strongly for the dignity and self respect of its members. Sexual harassment is a serious criminal offence, unfortunately CINTAA’s Constitution bars us from taking up any case which is more than three years old.
“Hence we appeal to the authorities to take cognisance of Ms Dutta’s statements and conduct an impartial and speedy enquiry so that truth and justice may prevail. We also appeal to all our members to report any such incidents to us immediately. We are duty bound to give them our complete moral and legal support to ensure just and safe working conditions,” the statement further read.
In a recent TV interview, Dutta claimed that Patekar had misbehaved with her on the sets of the 2008 film. During the interview, she also alleged that the actor had the tacit support of the film’s makers.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.