Deepika Padukone is a brave actor, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
Back in 2009, when Imtiaz Ali cast Deepika Padukone in Love Aaj Kal over Kareena Kapoor Khan (who had starred in his last film, Jab We Met; 2007), it marked the beginning of an alleged rivalry between the two actresses. However, this rumour was quashed soon after.
Then, earlier this year, both the stars were in the news again when Deepika replaced Kareena in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela.
Although Deepika bagged the part, and later, a lot of praise from critics, Kareena remains unperturbed. In fact, she's full of praise for the young star. "Deepika is talented, and she continues to do good work. I have seen her work. She is a brave actress, and that's a good sign because I like brave actors," says Kareena, who has "never regretted" not doing Ram-Leela.
"In fact, I have never regretted not doing any film. Deepika deserves every bit of this success… she has worked really hard to get where she is. My only advice (to her) would be, 'Enjoy every moment,' because that's just the way it goes."
Clearing the air over a report from last week that claimed that Deepika had replaced Kareena in Shuddhi, she says, "I think Karan Johar (producer) clarified it immediately. I have no idea where that came from. There's no truth to it at all. The film has just been delayed due to (co-star) Hrithik Roshan's illness."
Although Kareena feels that the "delay has only given me time to work on other films" and that "Hrithik's health is more
important than a film", rumours suggest that she called up Karan angrily when she read the story about being replaced by Deepika. However, Kareena laughs it off, saying, "I didn't call Karan; he called me up because I don't even read (these stories). I am like, 'Let people write.' But he said, 'No, let me tweet.' I said, 'Whatever you want.'"
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.