Deepika Padukone stuns in first post-wedding cover, says Ranveer Singh has bigger IQ
In her first interview post their wedding, Deepika spoke to GQ magazine about the month gone by, Ranveer, her wedding looks and what the future holds for her.
"He is vulnerable, extremely emotional, very intelligent; childlike at times. That's not to say that his irrepressible energy isn't him, it's very him. He's a real people's person, but there's a quiet side to him too," Deepika said, according to excerpts shared with IANS.
"Emotionally, I think I'm the more intuitive one. I'd say IQ is more him. But at the same time, he's not all like, 'I'm a man, I can't show my emotions.' He is sensitive, and so am I, and it makes it easier to share a life with someone who understands that," she added.
Deepika and Ranveer kept the paparazzi waiting by keeping their wedding looks a secret until they shared it themselves on social media from their exotic venue, Lake Como, Italy.
"I think the pictures we shared summed up the wedding - it was magical to have just family and friends there who mean something to you, who don't really care about who you are professionally, but are there because they love you for who you are as a person," Deepika said of the Lake Como festivities, which included only about 40 of their guests.
While Deepika sported a Sabyasachi Mukherjee creation for her north Indian style wedding, for GQ's December cover, she has gone all bold.
"I'm aware of culture, tradition, all that I also understand what it means to be my own person. Of course, it's exciting to take your relationship to the next level, but at no point as a woman should you forget your sense of individuality. It's important to remain authentic and stay true to who you are. The idea is not to lose yourself in the process (of marriage)," said the actor, who has had a whirlwind 2018.
She kicked things off with a raging controversy around Padmaavat, a Time 100 name-check, followed by red carpet appearances at the Met Gala and Cannes, and ended the year by marrying Ranveer, whom she had been dating for six years.
What does 2019 look like for her?
"It's going to be pretty challenging because I'll be producing and acting in Meghna Gulzar's next film (about acid attack victims). For the first time, I'll also be taking decisions with my director -- we would've started work before I took off for the wedding, and will get back to it now. Also, setting up home," she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sunny Leone, in a new video shared on Instagram, gave a glimpse into her journey from being boycotted at awards shows and facing criticism to professional success and personal happiness.
- Madhuri Dixit took to social media to wish her son Ryan as he turned 16. She also posted pictures of other family members on the occasion.
- Ananya Panday took to social media to share pictures of her grandmothers and celebrated them on the occasion of International Women's Day.
- Amitabh Bachchan took to social media to wish all his fans on International Women's Day. He also said everyday was Women's Day, in his eyes.
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.