Did Kangana Ranaut abuse Swara Bhasker on Tanu Weds Manu Returns set? Co-star Navni Parihar feels it couldn’t have happened
After Swara Bhasker seemed to suggest that she was yelled at and abused publicly by Kangana Ranaut on the sets of Tanu Weds Manu Returns, their co-star Navni Parihar has responded to these allegations. Navni, who played Kangana’s mother in Tanu Weds Manu and Tanu Weds Manu Returns, said that no such altercation happened in front of her.
Navni told Beyond Bollywood in an interview, “Nothing like this happened in my presence.” She went on to say that if such a thing happened publicly, as claimed in the tweet retweeted by Swara, it could not have remained a secret for long. “Usually, when such an incident happens, there are make-up artists, spot boys, crew who are quick to talk about it and the word spreads around the sets. I don’t recollect anyone mentioning such an incident to me,” she said.
Talking about Kangana’s behaviour on the sets, Navni said, “She was very nice. I never saw her misbehave with anyone. Forget misbehaving, I never even saw her speak to anyone in a rude tone. Never any tantrums. She is a quiet worker, very focused and hard working.”
On Tuesday, Swara retweeted a tweet which claimed that she was yelled at and abused by Kangana on the sets of Tanu Weds Manu Returns in front of 200 people, purportedly because Aanand L Rai praised her for giving a good take. “#SupportMax by reigning national award winning outsider-star to ‘needy- outsider! Circa 2014. Sigh! Such #happymemories,” Swara wrote.
The original tweet claimed, “Kangana Ranaut Ma’am, why did you throw a tantrum and abuse outsider @ReallySwara on the set of Tanu Weds Manu Returns in front of 200 people because the director said ‘Good Shot’ to her after a take? Is this not mistreatment of outsiders ma’am?”
After Kangana referred to Swara as a ‘needy’ outsider who denies the existence of nepotism for personal gains, the two actors have been involved in a bitter war of words.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.