Dilip Kumar a colossus of Bollywood: Big B
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who received this year's Dadasaheb Phalke Academy award along with Dilip Kumar, says the veteran is a colossus in the industry.
"The high as always, the meeting with Dilip Saheb, Dilip Kumar, Yusuf Khan! It is tough to see a frail idol admired by millions and my favourite, struggle to move and to recognise familiar faces. Though he always does and has recognised mine. But as always even in his frail health, the charm and grace never ending....Dilip Saheb - a colossus! Once and forever," Bachchan posted on his blog.
The 69-year-old actor was also all praises for Kumar's wife Saira Banu for taking care of the yesteryear star so well.
"Credit really to Saira ji who has looked after him so well and still does, with great care and devotion," he added
Kumar, 89, married actress and beauty queen Saira Banu in 1966 when he was aged 44 and she was 22.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.