Hema Malini, Dharmendra become grandparents again as daughter Ahana gives birth to twin girls
Actors Dharmendra and Hema Malini’s younger daughter Ahana Deol has given birth to twin daughters. She took to her Instagram account to share the news.
Sharing it as her Instagram Stories, her note read: “We are blessed to announce the arrival of our twin girls, Astraia and Adea Vohra. Born on - 26 November 2020. Proud parents Ahana and Vaibhav Vohra. Excited Brother Darian Vohra. Overjoyed grandparents Pushpa and Vipin Vohra, Hema Malini and Dharmenrdra Deol.”
Reacting to the new arrivals in their family, Hema told Spotboye in an interview, “Ever since Ahana got pregnant I have been shuttling between my home and hers. It is my only outing during the pandemic. Now that there are three children to be looked after at Ahana’s residence I will be spending as much time with them as possible. Ahana’s in-laws’ residence is close to mine.” Speaking about how Dharmendra and she were delighted, she added: “Dharamji says, ‘Hamari phulwari badi ho rahi hai (our garden is growing). With Esha’s two daughters and Ahana’s three children, I couldn’t have asked for more.”
The couple already has a son named Darian. Ahana’s older sister, actor Esha Deol has two daughters-- Radhya and Miraya Taktani.
Ahana and Vaibhav have been married since 2014. The last time the family welcomed a newborn baby into their family was in June 2019, when Miraya was born. Pictures of Hema sitting with all her grandchildren and the doctor who assisted in Esha’s delivery, were all over the internet. In one of the pictures, Dr Kiran Coelho, Mumbai-based obstetrician and gynecologist, was seen sitting besides Hema with the newborn Miraya in her arms.
Also Watch | ‘Be shameful…cowards’: Hema Malini condemns attack on health workers
Hema rarely shares pictures of her younger daughter but some throwbacks do feature her. Sharing one from the time the girls were young, Hema had written: “Weekend is a time to cherish with family. Sharing something close to my heart ! Have a great weekend ahead.” Unlike her elder sister, Ahana chose to be away from arclights though early on, she did assist Sanjay Leela Bhansali in 2009 movie Guzarish, starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Hema, who has had an active political career, does take time out for her family life. Only recently, she was in news when she conducted a havan at her residence on Esha’s birthday amid lockdown. While she conducted the havan, she was guided by their family priest.
Sharing a bunch of pictures, Hema had written: “Esha’s birthday today. I pray for God’s blessings on her to be always happy and loved. As we do every year, we had a small havan at home and I sat with her to conduct the puja as directed by our family priest online. Love you @Esha_Deol my baby.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.