Honorary degree for college drop-out Sushant Singh Rajput
Sushant Singh Rajput has spent two years in Bollywood, and has worked in films like Kai Po Che (2013), Shuddh Desi Romance (2013), PK (2014) and Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!. While he is a popular name among the young crop of Bollywood actors today, not many know that he had dropped out of the prestigious Delhi College Of Engineering (DCE) in 2006, to pursue acting.
A source close to the actor says that, now, that same college’s authorities want him to visit the campus. “They are proud of him, and want to honour him for what he has achieved. He will visit the college soon to receive the certificate and address the students,” says the source.
When contacted, Sushant confirmed the news, and said, “I am shocked with the invitation. Despite being a bright student, I left engineering in my third year to pursue my dream — Bollywood. It’s really touching that my engineering college wants to give me an honorary degree on their 75th anniversary.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor has said that while she doesn't go on conventional dates, she once had a scary experience while she was a student in Los Angeles.