Huma Qureshi gets a raw deal
She is only three films old, but Huma Qureshi already has the luxury of choosing what role she wants to play. For her next release, Nikhil Advani’s D-Day, there are three female protagonists and only Huma was given the option of choosing the character she wanted to portray.
“After reading up about all the characters, she immediately made up her mind and opted for the role of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) agent,” says an insider close to the film. “While the other two characters had an emotional tone to them, the RAW agent’s role was grittier and had some action sequences too. Huma, who has not done a role like this yet, opted for it as soon as she was given a choice,” adds the insider.
In the film, Huma’s character is sent to Pakistan, along with Arjun Rampal and Irrfan’s characters, to bring back India’s most wanted don. “Apart from the male lead, she too will be seen doing some hardcore action sequences,” says the insider.
To prepare for the role, Huma also underwent intense training sessions. Incidentally, Deepika Padukone too was given a similar choice in Cocktail (2012). She was offered both the roles of Meera and Veronica in the film. Deepika chose the latter.
When contacted, Huma only says, “All I will say is that it was great fun playing a RAW agent. It’s a first for me, so I enjoyed the action scenes and beating up the bad guys.” Before D-Day, she has been a part of Gangs Of Wasseypur 1 and 2 (2012), Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012) and Ek Thi Daayan.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.