‘I am taking a break now’
Content with the reaction that Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (DTBHJ) — his maiden attempt at a romcom — got at the box office, filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar is now taking a hiatus to unwind before wielding the megaphone again.
“I’m happy with the response that the film got. It’s done moderately well and that works for me. I’m glad I made a comedy and I landed safely,” says the 42-year-old adding, “I’m taking a break now, watching movies, chilling out and relaxing. Meanwhile I’m juggling with ideas, looking at scripts and listening to concepts.”
Prod further on the genre of his next outing, and he says, “it can be anything — a romcom, love story, an intense love story or a hard hitting story. There are three to four ideas I’m contemplating right now. I need time to finalise before jumping to my next”.
Rumours were also rife that a sequel to DTBHJ was in the pipeline due to its open ending. Asked about the same, he asserts: “It’s not happening right now. I’m planning it and if the sequel happens, it won’t be before at least one and half years. I’ll make another movie before that.” Bhandarkar also informed that his much-talked about Kareena Kapoor starrer desi Marilyn Monroe biopic Heroine “has been shelved”.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.